The difference between traditional IT outsourcing and the type of managed services that managed service providers (MSPs) such as Convergence Networks provide is similar to the difference between hiring a babysitter for the night vs. a full-time live-in nanny. Both deliver outsourcing, but one delivers it for specific events and times and the other (MSPs) are practically a member of the family.
Managed service providers handle the day-to-day management of your IT system including the infrastructure. They proactively manage and secure your tech environment in conjunction with suggesting ways to improve efficiency, reduce the likelihood of problems and help your business to grow.
MSP outsourcing is customized to your company’s needs whereas simple outsourcing is just that — simple. Other ways of saying it are:
- Proactive vs. breakit-fixit
- High level vs. low level accountability
- Broadly defined vs. narrowly defined
- Comprehensive management services vs. limited to a few
- Continuous support vs. limited to a specific issue
- Plethora of IT specialists to handle your issue vs. a limited number of semi-professionals
Partnering with a managed service provider such as Convergence Networks will be more cost-effective in the long run than working with a company that is going to handle one issue at a time.
A managed service provider (MSP):
- Stays on top of emerging cyber threats and knows how to mitigate them.
- Can scale your IT needs up or down as needed.
- Keeps you informed about costs and risks.
- Will manage your move to a cloud if and when you are ready.
- Will manage and protect your data storage with a comprehensive backup and disaster recovery (BDR) plan.
At Convergence Networks we’re not just a herd of nerds or computer janitors. We are customer service fanatics who specialize in IT services for high-growth small and medium sized businesses. Contact us if you are evaluating outsourcing choices. If nothing else, you’ll have a better knowledge base of what MSPs do and can do for your specific business.